Pandemonium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pandemonium

[pan-də-ˈmō-nē-əm]
1. wild confusion; uproar; disorder
2. the abode of all demons
3. Destruction guild on the Burlok server
in Warhammer Online

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What happens when you replace a single core AMD with a dual core one

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bludgut
Admin Boss
Bludgut

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2008-08-27

What happens when you replace a single core AMD with a dual core one Empty
PostSubject: Re: What happens when you replace a single core AMD with a dual core one   What happens when you replace a single core AMD with a dual core one Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 12:35 pm

Looks like my huge rant n rave post got lost due to forum fuckup.. Here's a summary of it.

- replaced single core with dual core cpu
- followed advice on web to reinstall windows using repair option
- repair failed half way through install when warning came up about sound blaster and keyboard wouldnt work so I could not hit continue option
- tried 4 more times before finding usb to ps/2 converter and connecting keyboard that way
- install complete - all drivers missing including motherboard driver, graphics driver, sound driver etc - consequently network card is not working so cant get on internet to download drivers lol (5 hrs till i hve to wake up to go to my new job)
- boot up laptop and copy drivers on to usb stick and trasnfer to desktop pc
- install drivers one by one - finally get things working about the time there is only 4 hrs left till i have to wake up for my first day at work.

Grrrr

Anyway it's not made any difference to game performance since my issue is RAM - but i hope it will help in the longer run once my 2gb of ram arrives Smile I hope 2gb with xp is enough cos i really dont want to pay ANOTHER 50 pounds for more ram (it's expensive cos i went for CL2 ram instead of CL3).

Just got back from work - absolutely knackered but working from home tomorrow so hoping for a couple of hours of gametime at some point.

Amir
Back to top Go down
http://pandemonium.omgforum.net
Krulga
Moderator Boss
Krulga

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you replace a single core AMD with a dual core one   What happens when you replace a single core AMD with a dual core one Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 12:38 pm

I hate computers. It's a horrible fate that I'm so addicted to the games you can play on them Smile
Back to top Go down
Wulleboss
Recruit
Wulleboss

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you replace a single core AMD with a dual core one   What happens when you replace a single core AMD with a dual core one Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:23 pm

I love computers, just not mine. Mine is like me... old, out of shape and doesn't really understand the new generation

I need an upgrade my wallet wont allow and it sucks big time. Will have to be content with lagging immensely every time something new has to load even though everybody elses character just looks like a deaf guy doing sign language when they cast spells.

This is warhammer for me

Shaman: alien
Spellcaster throwing a spell: cheers
Squig: bounce
Boar mount: pig
Back to top Go down
Bludgut
Admin Boss
Bludgut

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you replace a single core AMD with a dual core one   What happens when you replace a single core AMD with a dual core one Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 1:32 am

Ok i don't know what ebay is like in dk - but I bought a used processor and some ram. I paid TOO much for the ram because i bought low latency ram. In retrospect this was stupid and I could have saved money by simply buying CL3 ram instead. Anyway - my system was a lot worse than yours wulle. I've spent only 40 pounds on a cpu to get a second hand dual core 4200+. I could have got 2gb of RAM for about 25 pounds i think. So for not very much money i've ended up with a system that can play Warhammer nicely at a good resolution in balanced mode (to be honest hq mode seemed to work fine too).

My graphics card is 4 years old - xt 850 - and i've not bothered to upgrade that and probably wont do so as it would require me to change my psu too. But then again - the upgrade bug is a mofo Smile
Back to top Go down
Wulleboss
Recruit
Wulleboss

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you replace a single core AMD with a dual core one   What happens when you replace a single core AMD with a dual core one Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:40 am

the thing is I already went and bought ram and dvd-drive and harddisk recently because I had to, and unlike you I cant upgrade only a few things. Basicly everything except for my new harddrive needs replacing soon, I just dont have the money right now Sad
Back to top Go down
Bludgut
Admin Boss
Bludgut

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you replace a single core AMD with a dual core one   What happens when you replace a single core AMD with a dual core one Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 1:02 pm

Wulleboss wrote:
the thing is I already went and bought ram and dvd-drive and harddisk recently because I had to, and unlike you I cant upgrade only a few things. Basicly everything except for my new harddrive needs replacing soon, I just dont have the money right now Sad

why can't you upgrade just a few things? My system is imba old.. and from the specs you posted yours is already ahead of mine...

But i do know how the money thing goes - it sucks Sad Just hang in there mate until you can do the upgrade you need.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you replace a single core AMD with a dual core one   What happens when you replace a single core AMD with a dual core one Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What happens when you replace a single core AMD with a dual core one
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pandemonium :: For Da Public :: Da Squig's Head Tavern-
Jump to: