Pandemonium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pandemonium

[pan-də-ˈmō-nē-əm]
1. wild confusion; uproar; disorder
2. the abode of all demons
3. Destruction guild on the Burlok server
in Warhammer Online

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST & ISSUE!!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bludgut
Admin Boss
Bludgut

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2008-08-27

BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST & ISSUE!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST & ISSUE!!!!   BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST & ISSUE!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 12:37 pm

Please repost as the forum ate your posts - it seems to be working again.
Back to top Go down
http://pandemonium.omgforum.net
Krulga
Moderator Boss
Krulga

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST & ISSUE!!!!   BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST & ISSUE!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 12:41 pm

Basically he found out that on some NVIDIA cards the game apparently gets its anisotropic filtering setting hard-locked to 16 times due to some new bug, which results in a massive performance hit when there's a lot of models near you (like if you're in a warband) to render. This causes my game to be pretty much unplayable in large fights, as my framerate is so low that I can barely move my character around. However by overriding the application settings and turning off anisotropic filtering through the NVIDIA control center, this problem can be removed. So now I can do open RvR again with good FPS rates.
Back to top Go down
Bludgut
Admin Boss
Bludgut

PostSubject: Re: BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST & ISSUE!!!!   BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST & ISSUE!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 2:05 pm

does problem exist on ati too? what settings do you recommend for anti alias, adaptive anti alias, anistotropic, etc?
Back to top Go down
Krulga
Moderator Boss
Krulga

PostSubject: Re: BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST & ISSUE!!!!   BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST & ISSUE!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 3:19 pm

Turn them off. The Mythic response on the issue was concerning NVIDIA cards. Maybe some ATI cards have it too, dunno.
Back to top Go down
Raptah
Recruit
Raptah

Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST & ISSUE!!!!   BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST & ISSUE!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 7:56 pm

ALL cards, regardless of manufacture!
Back to top Go down
Krulga
Moderator Boss
Krulga

PostSubject: Re: BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST & ISSUE!!!!   BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST & ISSUE!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 11:42 pm

Raptah uses an Arnold picture for his avatar, so he must be right.
Back to top Go down
Bludgut
Admin Boss
Bludgut

PostSubject: Re: BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST & ISSUE!!!!   BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST & ISSUE!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 1:09 am

Raptah wrote:
ALL cards, regardless of manufacture!

do it..

do it now..

or he will terminate you!
Back to top Go down
Raptah
Recruit
Raptah

PostSubject: Re: BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST & ISSUE!!!!   BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST & ISSUE!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:11 am

My mission is... to protect you.
Back to top Go down
Raptah
Recruit
Raptah

PostSubject: Re: BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST & ISSUE!!!!   BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST & ISSUE!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:19 am

You must understand, high end cards remain viable for a long time.

Graphics card manufactururers have like different series, like the the nvidia 6k, 7k, 8k series.

Each have like a low-, med- and high-end card innit, and maybe a clocked high-end option as well. Most of the new series just have a tad higher clockrate compared to the previous (for GPU and the memory) and better support for new stuff, like shaders 'n shit. Last I looked WAR wasnt that heavy on shaders.

x850 xt is just that, supercharged. It is still viable today, not quite as quick as the quickest of quick, but still viable. It was insane back in the day, the only thing that was betta, was the Platinum edition of the card, and it was so fast and crazy and mad and uber, people had orgasms when they played games with it.

Besides, ATI is cooler since they released their driver API's 'n stuff for Open Source, so they have Karma on their side.
Back to top Go down
Bludgut
Admin Boss
Bludgut

PostSubject: Re: BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST & ISSUE!!!!   BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST & ISSUE!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 1:04 pm

sounds good - although TODAY i was with Toombs in some chaos place (orston or whatever its called) and hmm things were laggy Sad.. i dont know which part of the system is causing that laggyness though...
Back to top Go down
Krulga
Moderator Boss
Krulga

PostSubject: Re: BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST & ISSUE!!!!   BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST & ISSUE!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 3:34 pm

Something's really messed up with the game's performance. Today I set the in-game settings to max, picked 1600x1200 res, used my NVIDIA control panel to turn everything on (with for example 4xanti-aliasing), and now the game not only looks better than ever before, IT ALSO RUNS A LOT SMOOTHER.
Back to top Go down
Bludgut
Admin Boss
Bludgut

PostSubject: Re: BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST & ISSUE!!!!   BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST & ISSUE!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 5:44 pm

they really need to spend some time on optimising the game...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST & ISSUE!!!!   BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST & ISSUE!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST & ISSUE!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pandemonium :: For Da Public :: Da Squig's Head Tavern-
Jump to: